Saturday, November 15, 2008

Life is Slow

Well, honestly, I have no new exciting news. So I just looking through some of the pictures we took on our trip out here to find something to write about.


We are still in our TLF(temporary housing). We are hoping to move into our new house sometime around the 18-21st of December. I hope so. I am trying to stay positive about this tiny, terrible TLF. It is warm and has everything we need, and there are millions of people who live in worse conditions everyday!! With the cold temps(5 degrees right now) and not a whole lot of space to run(or move!) we are hard-pressed to find something new to do. Caleb decided to color his fingernails with a dry erase marker.


Jake came home from school upset the other day cause someone said that the Packers weren't good. He has been learning to not worry about that kind of criticism. Plus when he wears his KC Chiefs shirt, we all know they aren't any good!!During one of our stops, Bella thought that she was the boss(as usual) and was quickly shown by another dog that she wasn't. She got bit. She shook with fear for a couple of hours. I thought that she deserved it. But she has healed quickly and has resumed the position as the boss!

Please come visit us in Alaska. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Just don't look at the thermometer!

7 comments:

The Obstinant Family said...

I hope your dog gets better. And from your pictures...it does looks BeAuTiFuL.

Anonymous said...

Poor Bella!
You are so brave. I know I couldnt survive in Alaska!

Anonymous said...

We're trying to join you!! The listing came out for our rotation last week and there were SEVEN spots for Eielson that Linc put in for. It's number one on our list, so here's hoping. Oh, and one of our friends here is also moving there. They are in the ward. Steve & Lindsay Peterson. Keep your eye out for them. I'm not sure when they leave yet. I think it's the beginning of the year.

Hillary said...

I would love to come and visit (in the SUMMER of course). I'm not sure I could take that drive though! I don't know how you did it with 4 kids and 2 dogs. Hope you get into your house on time, it's got to be trying on your patience to be stuck in close quarters and unsettled for so long. Your kids look so cute all bundled in their big furry jackets!

Nick + Liz said...

I really like that first picture. You drove on those roads with that huge trailer? Good job!

Jake, I am always impressed with those fans of teams that stick with their team even when they are not winning.

Jenny said...

Hang in there! Alaska does look beautiful, but being cooped up in a house is no fun...By the way, you look so pretty in your pic on the right.

Erin said...

Hey, our blog is billanderin.blogspot.com

Alaska is so beautiful! At least you will be in your new housing before Christmas! We just sold our house in WI and now are buying a house here in IA, we close on the 18th of Dec. So we will be moving buddies! Good luck with the kids being cooped up:)