Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day Ten

I know that it is late....

We arrived at Eielson AFB on Monday around 11 am. We were all so glad to

finally arrive. 10 days is way too long. We checked into TLF and went to the housing office. We should hear back from them soon to see how long it will be before we get into a house.

The boys started school today. They were nervous but I am sure that they are having a good time. Curtis also went to the Fire Station today to be introduced and start his inprocessing.

The base is large. We have about 6-8 inches of snow on the ground. This morning while taking the boys to school it was -10 degrees. Megan couldn't stop crying and saying "It's cold!" Everyone says that we will get acclimated but I can't imagine that anyone can get used to this weather!

I will take some pictures of the base soon. I am still trying to figure my way around this base...and concentrate on not sliding into anyone!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Hi Cindy,

It's Erin. I have been blog stalking you for a little while. I just wanted to say you are so good to take on all these adventures! We have family in Anchorage and pictures of Alaska always make me want to go there. Bundle up! The kids will totally adjust and love the snow.

Erin

Cindy said...

Erin-
you need to invite me to your blog so that I can see it too!!

Johansen Family said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the base! i am guessing it is alot bigger than here!

Dennis said...

I have to admit I thought y'all had already made it to Alaska when you posted Megan singing the ABCs...because it had been about 3 weeks in between posts and you were in TLF and "outprocessing". Then Nick, the military man that he is, told me that when he gets to Alaska he will "inprocess". So the first few blogs on the road didn't phase me much because I knew y'all had made it safely - but you had not actually gotten there yet.

I am so glad you made it safely - Nick and I saw pictures online of the Alaskan Highway and one was of a van pulling a trailer like yours and it was on fire. We saw lots of other photos of wildlife on the road as well - very similar to your photos.

Thanks for your daily updates it was fun keeping up after I realized that you were still in route.

Dennis