Sunday, November 9, 2008

Eielson AFB

So I finally got around to taking a few pictures of the base today. They aren't anything exciting but some of the things that I am interested in when going to a new base.



The new BX will open soon. It is huge! I am excited to have a nice selection of things...such a change from Whiteman!
The club where they have all meals, yes, Whiteman girls, it serves dinner buffet every night! And Mongolian is on Thursdays!
And finally, our new house. Unfortunately someone still lives in it still. They are going to move out on the 8th of December and we move in after maintenance is through. We are looking forward to that day. We are thinking about moving into a little apartment offbase for a month and a half while we wait. Curtis and I don't know how much more of this junky, tiny TLF we can take anymore.And thank you to my brother Aaron for fixing the little plugs so that we can plug in our car at night when it gets -10(and worse yet to come!)

6 comments:

Callie said...

Its always neat to see what different bases have. A brand new BX is exciting. So are you going to have your Thanksgiving meal in the club? Curtis, do you remember the year we went to the mess hall for Thanksgiving?

Cindy said...

That is a great idea. I forgot about that. We might just have to do that for old times sake.

The Obstinant Family said...

Lucky you on the new BX! I am totally Jelous! I think you future house looks acutally quite nice. To bad you can't move in earlier.

Nick + Liz said...

Megan makes a cute little Eskimo.

Gina said...

What a cute picture of Megan. Wow, it's only November but it looks (and probably feels) like the dead of Winter there. I'm looking forward to hearing about and seeing pictures of your adventures in Alaska.

Gina said...

What a cute picture of Megan. Wow, it's only November but it looks (and probably feels) like the dead of Winter there. I'm looking forward to hearing about and seeing pictures of your adventures in Alaska.