Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day Seven

Today we started down the Alaskan Highway. It was raining when we woke up in the morning, and it was about to start freezing. It was not what we wanted to hear. As we headed down the road, the temperature started dropping and the rain started freezing. The roads weren't terrible, but icy enough to keep you on edge. After about an hour, we drove past a truck off the side of the road(who had been hauling a trailer) rolled upside down, everything scattered everywhere, ruined. It was terrifying. I could not relax until afternoon when the rain finally stopped and the roads started drying out.

The more north we got, the rain had frozen to the trees and made them all white. It was absolutely gorgeous.

We finally made it to Toad River for the night. It was a hole but did the job. We slept well but when tried to shower, the smell of sulphur overwhelmed Curtis and limited our bathroom experiences!
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN! Our princess is 2!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Those frozen trees are beautiful!
Just looking at all these snow pictures give me a stress in my stomach! I'm a wimp though. It looks just gorgeous and those buffalo are huge! Your kids are lucky, they will get to see so much living up there. I bet your boys will love it!

The Obstinant Family said...

Oh my goodness those pictures of the trees are absoletly GoRgeOuS!! I remember in Germany it did that once, but there was no fog around, so it was literally White everywhere you looked. I love the pictures, thanks for keeping us updated on your trip. I hope your having fun.