Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Berry Picking

I have truly fallen in love with Alaska summers. Now I know why everyone kept telling us in the many months of winter, "Just wait 'til summer!" The summers here are beyond beautiful with plenty to do.
Today we went out with some friends to go berry picking. Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, salmon berries and many more grow wild all around base. We just pulled off on the side of the road and picked and ate and picked.I can't imagine life any better in the summer. Good friends and delicious berries!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It was such a fun day, and the berries are tasten sooo good!

Kari said...

That was so fun. I'm glad we went to both spots. I think over all the kids liked the climb better anyway, at least my boys did. Now I've got to decide what I really want to do with my berries before I eat them, ya know.

Amy said...

Yummy! I love all sorts of berries. I would have died a happy girl with a bowl full of berries. Are you going to make Jam?

The Roderick Family said...

Are there many bugs out there? Glad to know summer is worth the wait!

Gina said...

That does sound heavenly!

Jessica B Photography said...

And I thought berry-picking at your house in Wisconsin was heavenly.

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.