Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Beach and Wildfires

There is a lake nearby (the warmest lake in Alaska!) that has a great little beach. It is our favorite spot to go one these hot summer days. I think the water is cold but Curtis and the kids don't mind it.

We have also been having quite a few wildfires in the area(within 100 miles). The smoke just settles like fog. So it may look cold and dreary but really there is just a lot of smoke and haze.
Indiana Jones snuck into the water and "saved someone". Needless to say, those were clothes for the trip home. Indie needs to listen to his mother!

3 comments:

Camara said...

I want a beach to go to! Love the picture of the kids at the top of your blog! I rarely go to anyone's blogs since I learned about Google Reader!...very cute!

Hillary said...

Caleb seems like such a funny kid. I bet he keeps you busy!!!

The Mattesons said...

Really cute pics. Don't you love when they wear the same clothes/costume for days on end!