Friday, December 26, 2008

North Pole

We went to North Pole, Alaska the other day. We went to the Santa Claus house and the Christmas In Ice.The city hosts a ice sculpture "contest". People come from all around the US to carve where their creation can last for months.

There are reindeer at Santa's house. The boys wondered why Rudolph was not there.

The kids were sitting in a sleigh of ice. It was -10 that day. The kids were all bundled up for the weather but Curtis and I were not. We couldn't even make it through the whole park. I honestly felt like my fingers were getting frostbite.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

BRRRR!!! The ice sculptures look awesome though! Zack was sitting with me looking at this earlier and he was really excited to see the reindeer. Your temperature thing on your blog is saying it's negative 32 there. Is that really how cold it is up there? I would die! I'm glad you are finally in your house! :)

Johansen Family said...

Looks like fun!! I want to go to the North Pole!