Friday, December 12, 2008

A LIttle Spark of Excitement

Today we went to Nick's Holiday Concert. He was a good little singer. His cute little shy personality on stage reminds me of his daddy. It is cute to see.

After the concert we picked up Caleb from preschool. Right after we walked out, we saw a mama moose and her babies walked up to the school. We've been told that it is never wise to get between a mama and her babies, so we quickly got to the car.

We had the camera handy cause we'd just left the concert so we got some lucky pictures. I am glad that we can remind Caleb of the time that the moose walked right past his school!

8 comments:

Parkes Family said...

That's awesome! And I thought it was cool when we see snakes on the sidewalk...you beat us on that one.

Anonymous said...

Sounds a lot like Knob! We had a entire zoo in our yard last summer!

Camara said...

My gosh they are huge! I only saw one moose the entire 2 weeks I was in AK. I was a bit disappointed b/c I hear they are around all the time. The one we did see was tiny compared to that monster you took your picture of! How much longer till you're out of TLF? Are you going to be in your house by Christmas? Gosh I sure hope so!

Hillary said...

That moose is awesome! I showed my husband and he immediately wanted to go hunting. MEN!!!!!

The Obstinant Family said...

Oh my goodness I saw the moose at the CDC center in front of it, and thought is that real? No it's not real how can they get on base. And then I scrolled down further and sure enough, there are moose on base..LOL LOVE IT!!!!

Jessica B Photography said...

Wow, only in Alaska, eh?

Erin said...

I totally thought the first moose picture was actually a sign. Those moose are HUGE! We saw some walk through the yard at Bill's sister's in Anchorage, but they must just get bigger the further north you go!

Johansen Family said...

How neat! I really think that I might want to go to Alaska one of these days!