Saturday, April 12, 2008

Our New House

Our new house on base is finally finished for us to move into. We have been here almost 2 years and were supposed to move in 18 months ago. It is a duplex, much like most base housing.


This is the kitchen. It has tons of storage space compared to our old kitchen. Now I won't have to store all my kitchen things in the basement anymore.
This is our garage. Jacob's favorite part of the new house is the storm shelter inside of the garage. If you know Jacob, this is a HUGE concern for him. He is a little nervous about tornados. As soon as he hears a siren, he goes a little crazy. He might actually ask to sleep in the shelter from March to July!
One of my favorite things is a laundry room. It will be nice not to have to go into the basement to do laundry. I will also be setting up my sewing machine there.

Megan's favorite part is the stairs. She has mastered them already in the hour that we toured the house. She makes me nervous, but I know I have to just let go and let her do it!

We will move in on Monday, April 21st. So from here til then, I will be packing and organizing. And since they are tearing down our old house, I don't have to clean it at all. What a relief!

7 comments:

The Roderick Family said...

Finally! Do you have 4 rooms still? Is there a place for us when we visit?

Amanda said...

I am so excited for you guys. I'm sure the moving part isn't fun but to move into a clean new house. Enjoy!

I'll be with Jacob in the storm shelter. Those storms can be pretty scary.

Jessica B Photography said...

Very nice!!! Brand new, garage, laundry room, tons of kitchen cabinets?!?!?! You know I am jealous. We are still in our same house. I'll even take the storm shelter too.

Dennis said...

Hopefully the next transfer doesn't come too soon and you get to really settle in and enjoy the new house. Looks nice - way nicer than the base houses Curtis grew up in. Enjoy!

The Obstinant Family said...

WoW I love your house it's gorgeous! How are you liking it?

The Obstinant Family said...

Okay so I don't know how to add people to my blog yet, I hate how this is set up to add friends. So if you know how, send me and invite. misti.j.w@hotmail.com

JRome said...

House looks great!