Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Curtis!


Happy Birthday, Curtis!!

Well, today was the big day. Curtis turned the double 33's. We had a great day, except for the two sick kids!! We spent the day in Kansas City area looking for the right table saw. We finally found it after numerous stores. Curtis requested a coconut cake. I had seen a recipe in a Paula Deen cookbook. So I made it up. It is the BEST coconut cake I have ever had. It is good, so if you want the recipe, let me know, I am willing to share. In fact, all this writing about it is making me think about getting another piece.....I don't want it to go to waste!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, I love Paula Dean, she has to have butter in absolutely everything!!! Your cake looks awesome! Happy B-day Curtis, 33? you could've passed for 32..easy :)

Gina said...

Happy Birthday, Curtis! At least you're not almost 37 like me!! We love you!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Curtis! At least your not almost 40 like Nick! ;) Hehe!

Nick + Liz said...

I saw that Amanda... Don't forget, people used to think Curtis and I were twins. Hopefully I still look like I am 33. Happy Birthday Curtis! Cindy, Gee Gee makes a great coconut cake. Looks like she has passed you the torch.

zopopee said...

Happy birthday braw. glad you are back. i hope i can smile like you when i get that old. and amanda its more like HA HA HA HA HA (with your head back.)

JRome said...

Happy Birthday old man!!

Nick + Liz said...

Okay Chad... I hear you.

Unknown said...

I know its late but tell curtis happy 33. this is abalos tell him to give me a call 325 340 5458 or email at roger.abalos@gmail.com