Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bella's Puppies

We are experiencing breeding for the first time. Bella, our female Maltese, gave birth to two girl puppies today (Nov. 7, 2009). One was born at 10:00 am and the other at 10:30. Unfortunately only one of the two survived. This is the one that survived. The children call her squeaks because of the little squeaky noises that she makes. It was a neat experience for the whole family to witness.
She is a tiny, little thing that can fit in the palm of your hand. I would say about 5 in. long and maybe a half a pound. Not quite a "pound puppy". Ha Ha!




6 comments:

Gina said...

Oh, that makes me want to cry. Probably because we have a squeaky newborn of our own. "Squeaks" is so cute.

East Coast Jenny said...

That is one cute little puppy.

Jessica B Photography said...

I guess dogs as small as Bella don't have room for litters of 8 or 15 (101 Dalmations-style). The only puppies I've had experience with were chows & labs, so I was a bit surprised to see a litter of only TWO! How fun to have a puppy! and so tiny!! I bet your kids love it.

Martin and Taryn said...

If I even lived CLOSE to you guys, I would buy her from you! That puppy is perfect! And your dog is so stinkin' cute, too. Reminds me of our beloved Daisy that USED to be sweet and cute...

The Roderick Family said...

So cute!! Do you have a buyer? Can you send it my way?

Cheri said...

She's very sweet. Love the nickname. Were the kids really broken up about the one you lost?