Wednesday, March 11, 2009

World Ice Art Championships

We went to the World's Ice Art Exhibit. It was held here in Fairbanks. The day was somewhat warm so it was enjoyable. There were about 100 ice sculptures.
We were able to get on some of the sculptures and take pictures. Jake took this one. We need to have a talk about cutting off heads!
Some sculptures were actually slides for the kids. They had tons of fun. There was also a few mazes and some saucers that spun around til the boys got too dizzy.
This was a huge slide. There were a couple of times I thought the boys were going to leave with some sore tailbones. The slides were obviously very hard, but the boys didn't mind. I guess it was too thrilling to slide down so fast.
We left and got some dinner, then came back when it got dark to see them all lit up. They were beautiful. The pictures certainly don't do justice.

13 comments:

Amy said...

How dang fun. Oh my it looks cold though.

Parkes Family said...

WOW! That's amazing, what fun.

Anonymous said...

Looks cool but man it must be sooo COLD there! I wouldnt survive!

Johansen Family said...

So cool! Looks like a lot of fun!

Lori G said...

What FUN!! Those sculptures are awesome! Sounds like you had a great time!

Nick + Liz said...

Somewhat warm?... I would be freezing.

Hey, at least Jake got the snowmobile... that was the most important part.

Those sculptures are very cool(awesome)!

Jessica B Photography said...

That is incredible!

Have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeIJnTlzTLk

Jessica B Photography said...

Actually I like this one better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hslBFRzM-K8

Callie said...

Way cool! I can't wait to show the kids when they get out of school. Absolutely amazing and fun for your kids!

East Coast Jenny said...

That's real talent there. I'm glad you guys had fun, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Hillary said...

Those sculptures are awesome! I'm amazed that someone can do that.

The Obstinant Family said...

Cindy that place looks AwEsOmE!!! I think Jake did a fabulous job on taking the picture of you and curtis. Jake got the best part...you and your husbands eyes. LOL

Emmy said...

WOW WEE! I think that's worth a trip to Alaska just to try the ice slides! That looked like so much fun! Thanks for sharing the photos, Cindy. I know uploading photos to blogger is totally a pain the rear, but my kids love your blog more than any other! They're totally mesmorized by snow. . .poor Californian kids. . . they are so deprived. :)