Sunday, September 21, 2008

Slowly Getting Ready

Time is ticking away and we have a little over a month until we leave for Alaska. We have decided to do a partial DITY(do it yourself move). We bought a 6 x 12 trailer so that we can load up as much as we can get into it(especially my kitchen, bedding, linens, all the stuff you want right away. Then we will leave the furniture and big things for the professionals.




Caleb and Megan helped pose for the picture. It is Sunday afternoon so I generally let everything go. So you can tell that they are drawn on with marker and still have food on their faces. But that is ok!! At least I am "resting!" Caleb has been into Indiana Jones lately. He started using my high heel shoes for "boots" but after Curtis noticed, he promptly found Caleb some boots out of Jacob's closet. I didn't mind the heels...I thought he looked cute!!


And it is a little late, but we have a new little friend in our house. Buster (another Maltese) is about 9 months old. He is pretty much out of the puppy phase. He and Bella are good friends. He is a few pounds bigger than she is. Why we got another dog before the move, I don't know! 2 adults, 4 kids, and 2 dogs in a car for 10 days can't sound any more appealing!!

7 comments:

Hillary said...

wow, 10 days...that is quite the drive! Is that driving straight through without stops?

Cindy said...

That is driving about 350 miles a day. Not much but enough for a trip that long!!

Nick + Liz said...

Beautiful trailer. That will be nice to have.

The Roderick Family said...

Do you want my dog and belongings too? Will you pack my house? I need your experience!

Johansen Family said...

I can't believe you all are leaving so soon! To me it seems like you just found out that you were moving! We will miss you when you leave!:(

The Obstinant Family said...

Okay that is just hilarious about the boots. But I totally understand why Curtis promptly found him some other "boots". My friend brought over a big play house for dolls and barbies, and Erik has been playing with it more than Maddisyn. lol

Amanda said...

Sweet trailer. David wants one for camping. That will be helpful to have all that stuff when you get there. I remember coming back from Germany and not having a lot. It was good times though! Its neat that Bella has a friend. I was thinking that a friend might help our dog enjoy staying outside.