Tuesday, September 2, 2008

8th BIrthday Party & Baptism


Saturday night Jacob had a birthday party at the base pool. It was in the evening, so they were able to enjoy some night swimming. It was a nice warm day, but a little chilly for swimming(for me at least, it didn't stop the kids!)


With the help of my friend we made a cake for his party. It turned out really well. So I put the cake into the oven so that it wouldn't be touched before the party. But in the afternoon I went to make some pizza and turned the oven on to preheat it. After a bit I smelled the burning frosting. Oooops. But all was not lost. It just hardened the frosting but the cake was still good. We decided to start a trend with twice-baked cake!!

Sunday Jacob was baptized. It was a great day. We are so proud of him. He is such a good boy and a good example to his brothers and sister.

4 comments:

The Obstinant Family said...

Okay well that sucks. I thought it was in the morning, and I completly forgot about it till 10am while I was yard sale hopping with Camara. I am absolutely sorry about that. I hope he had an awesome 8th birthday.. Congrats Nick on your Babtism.

Amanda said...

Wow Jake!!! What a birthday! We're sorry we couldn't be there. Your cousins would have loved to be there to see you get baptized and most of all swim with you, your family, and friends. We miss you guys!

Jenny said...

Oh, I'm so glad your cake was not all lost! It looks so good! Congrats on Jacob's baptism, wow 8 already, time goes so fast!

JRome said...

Jake, how fast time flies! You mae the right decision. Continue listening and following your parents, and things will always work out! Keep it up bro!