Thursday, September 25, 2008

Curtis' Deer Hunting Adventures

Curtis took some time off work this week and went out with a friend to go bow hunting. It was his first time hunting. He said that he wanted to "get one under his belt" before we headed up to the great wilderness of Alaska. He got a deer on his second day out. The boys were pumped, they were excited to eat deer meat like they did at "Man Camp"(father/son campout) this summer. It was an eight point buck (a little on the smaller side) but Missouri only requires four points on either side. Sorry for all of you faint of heart, but men like to show off their kill!

11 comments:

Nick + Liz said...

...and with a bow! WOW! Congrats. Did he fit under your belt? They are out there... I went running on a trail just before dark last night and saw 10 deer.

zopopee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zopopee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zopopee said...

bambi...? wake up bambi.

Dennis said...

Nick kept telling me did you see Curtis' blog - then he finally sent me the link (see I was too lazy to log back into Google Reader since I cleared out my cookies...mmm...cookies) - his brothers are so adventurous; hiking, camping, fishing, and now hunting. Beautiful picture - now we'll see if you can dress a Moose like Sarah Palin in a few months. Now you need a cabin so you can mount all of those trophies. Have fun preparing for the trek to the Great White North - I'm excited the hear about the adventure. Enjoy, Dennis

Camara said...

I dont mind the kill...thats one less that can run out in front of me and scare the living crap out of me! Good job Curtis! My brother just got back from Alaska and came back a wilderness man! You will get in plenty of hunting up there!

Gina said...

I guess you couldn't have gotten out of Missouri without going hunting at least once. You did us proud, brother. :)

The Obstinant Family said...

Oh...Poor Bambi! lol

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy-

This is Sarah White! Not sure if you remember me. Saw your blog posted on Camaras! Your little kiddos are sooo cute! They have grown so much!

Sarah
www.onebighappyfamilyof5.blogspot.com

Jessica B Photography said...

Congratulations! And with the bow!! I love the "Man Camp" Jared calls it "boy's campout". I think Man Camp is much better!

JRome said...

YES!!! A reason for me to visit Alaska!