Monday, February 27, 2012

Our Trees...Exciting, I know!

This is our house. It is the end of a 4-plex. We have a large corner yard. In it are some fascinating trees; at least they fascinate me. Since it is technically still winter, I have been waiting to see how all of these trees bloom and change.

These trees are all over the island. The people cut them way back. People tell me the bloom thick and green. They look so ugly right now but I can't wait to see them in a few months.
Here is a bush/tree that is starting to bloom. The birds are loving them lately. Spring is so close. Everyday is warmer and bluer.
This tree looks like a cross between an evergreen and a diciduous tree. They generally have long empty branches on top. Megan likes to find them and point out their bizarreness.
Finally, one of my favorite trees we have in our yard. We have many of them in all sizes. We call them pineapple trees, not because they bear pineapple but because they look like one.

3 comments:

bonnie said...

Very Nice! *KISS* from Aunt Bonnie!!!

Parkes Family said...

When do we get to see the inside of your house? Military wives want to know! :)

The Roderick Family said...

Hello Calvin,I mean Cindy...just kidding. I think I would be interested as well. I hope you have a lot of flowering ones, they were my favorite in the south.