Friday, January 28, 2011

LASIK

Curtis thought that I should name this post "I once was blind, but now I see." On Sunday Curtis and I went down to Anchorage for me to have LASIK and for a mini-vacation.This picture is when the doctor is using the laser to build up my cornea. If you look on the right of the screen, you can see the flap of my cornea turned back. It is a little creepy. The fuzzy areas are what I saw during the procedure, but it was green. This is where the doctor is using some kind of squeegee device to flap my cornea back on. It was wierd to sit there while the doctor is touching my eye(I couldn't feel anything.)

By the afternoon, I was feeling great and seeing great! 20/15! I couldn't be more happy with it. We got to spend the rest of the trip relaxing and spending our time childless. It was great, but it is always great to come back home!

5 comments:

Grammy said...

We are happy for you Cindy.

Gina said...

Cool! I have thought about lasik surgery too, but I'm kind of a chicken. I also wonder if I'm getting too old for it. You'll have to let me know how things go for you as your eyes heal.

Hillary said...

I want Lasik so bad but the thought of it freaks me out. Glad it went well!

Tina said...

I can't believe you have these pictures. Isn't modern medicine amazing! I'm very happy for you :)

Cheri said...

Cool! That is so awesome! Someday...someday...