Thursday, August 12, 2010

Half-Marathon

This is before our half-marathon. We are nervous and filled with adrenaline. We are also foolish!

It was incredibly hard. I hit a wall around mile 5 but felt good and pushed through. By mile 8 my knees started ache. By mile 10 they hurt more than I knew body parts could hurt. My great friend, Kari, helped me push through even though I wanted to quit many times.It felt soooo good to cross that finish line. It was a huge sense of accomplishment and relief! By the way, the clock is wrong, so don't pay attention to that.This was taken after the race. Secretly we are all leaning on each other for support!!! Thanks guys, it was great!

6 comments:

Patten Family said...

Congrats Cindy! I've done the Madison 1/2 and Full. I'd stick with the 1/2 marathons - way more enjoyable and requires less training.

Sorry we didn't get to see you when you were here:)

Hillary said...

You're awesome Cindy!

Amanda said...

Way to go Cindy. That was quite the accomplishment. Para bems!

Nick + Liz said...

That is great! Where was the race? ...on base?

Gina said...

Wow, way to go, Cindy!

Tina said...

You are my hero! I haven't run for three weeks because I am giving myself a break from humidity and mosquitoes. I have sworn to myself that I will start once school starts on Wed because I will have 2-1/2 hours to myself every day. I know you are jealous. Now for me to actually stick with it as I am not crazy enough to actually sign up for a Marathon.