Monday, October 27, 2008

Day Two

Today was our longest travel day. And boy was it long!! We crossed over into South Dakota...


Just in time for some strong winds. 40mph winds with gust up to 70mph. Not a good combination for traveling with a trailer. But we made it through without any incidences, just bad gas mileage!





While in South Dakota we had to stop at Wall Drug. Curtis had never been before. Needless to say, it was not that impressive.

It was COLD! It was about 35 degrees with strong winds. I guess it was just preparing us for Alaska!

6 comments:

The Roderick Family said...

Love the diary! What a fun wasy to make something not exciting enjoyable. Good Luck!

Nick + Liz said...

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Hillary said...

Hope you guys have a good trip! I love all the pictures of all the states you are driving through, as someone who has not been east of Wyoming (except when I flew over to Wisconsin to see you!)

Gina said...

Wall Drug looks pretty dead. Mom, Dad, Nancy, Diannah and I stopped there on our way out to (or from) your wedding and it was totally hopping. Of course, it was during the summer, and about the time of the Sturgis bike rally, so the streets were lined with motorcycles.

Jenny said...

Don't they hype that Wall Drug place up, like if you pass by it, then you're really missing something. Steve and I went there on our way back from our honeymoon (forever ago), and I'm like, "this is it?"....ridiculous.

The Obstinant Family said...

Okay what's with the Wall Drug Store? I've never heard of it. If it makes you feel any better about the winds...we too were expirencing winds Sunday, but I don't think it got as high as 70mph. So now when Jake see's National Treasurer 2 he can say...Hey I've been there. lol