Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day Three

Today the weather warmed up and the winds died down. Since we stayed the night last night in Rapid City, South Dakota, we decided to go see Mount Rushmore.

When we first got to the monument we saw these mountain goats. That saved us a trip to the zoo!!

The boys were so excited to see Mount Rushmore. They were amazed at the size of the presidents. Jake said that he was glad that he could go there once in his life(I guess he's not going back again!)

Later we crossed into good old Wyoming. We stopped for the night in Sheridan, Wyoming.

2 comments:

The Roderick Family said...

One really only needs one trip to Mt. Rushmore. At least he got it out of the way early!

Jessica B Photography said...

You might not think so, but you are so lucky!!!!!! I've wanted to road-trip the US my entire life (ok, my entire life that I could think for myself) What a great experience this is for your kids and for your family to have together. You are so lucky!!!!!

And then you will get to Alaska and it will be winter....