Friday, July 25, 2008

Tennis & Swim

Jacob asked to take tennis lessons at the end of the school year. They started up right before we got home from vacation. It has been every morning at 9am(which sounds ok, except getting up by 7:30 to make sure we are on time is not my idea of summer sleeping!) He has been enjoying it and isn't too bad! Tournaments start next week, then finally we can sleep past 7:30!


One morning during the rush to get to tennis, Jake and Nick thought it would be ok to play roly-poly with the watermelon that was up on the counter. You can imagine how I felt when Jake came up to my bathroom while I was showering to say, "Umm, Mom, we were playing roly-poly with the watermelon and it accidently fell....." I was just glad that it didn't make as much of a mess as I was imagining while finishing my shower!!

The boys are also taking swim lessons. The program on base is so good. They are each in different levels but are learning so much. Caleb doesn't like to be on his back much, but loves to go under the water. Nick is a fish. He loves his goggles and can stay under long enough that it worries me. Jake is starting to get good at the different strokes. It amazes me to see his skinny little body glide through the water! Maybe next year for Megan!


13 comments:

The Roderick Family said...

You like it for the instructors. That one helping Jake is a hottie!

The Roderick Family said...

He is helping Caleb, I had to go back for another look!

Cindy said...

His name is Mitch, and he is really nice! We are friends with a couple of the lifeguards so we get a little of favoritism!! It works out nicely that way!

Cindy said...

No wonder why Cindy wants to take the boys to swim lessons while I watch Megan at home!
~Curtis

Kev and Nan said...

Um, yeah so when can I come visit? I would love to take the boys to swim lessons on day!! Hook me up Cindy :) ha ha

Amy said...

How fun! Our boys did swim team while we lived in AZ. Mitch is getting ready to start up again.

Camara said...

So I was going to mention something about how built the lifeguard was, but now I feel better that everyone else has too! I thought it was just b/c my husband was gone and I was paying extra attention! I think he was there last summer when Lauren was taking lessons!

The Obstinant Family said...

I totally forgot to sign my kids up for swimming lessons. It looks like they are having a lot of fun this summer.

Amanda said...

Tennis lessons, cool! Carson dropped a watermelon in our home in Lincoln on the carpet. It was not fun to clean up. He was getting it from the frig in the garage.

Jessica B Photography said...

I'm sure that Curtis and his soccer-body-ness can't compare to some high school lifeguard! :) The two of you certainly make some cute kids!

Amanda said...

Hey Cindy, I tagged you again on my blog. I know you are busy, just when you have some time.

JRome said...

I'm taking tennis lessons too. Only, I think Jake will beat me up in a second.

JRome said...

I meant beat me in a game of tennis. But I'm sure Jake can beat me up too!