Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Madrid

 Curtis and I took the opportunity to go to Madrid, Spain, with our district to the temple. While there we went out in the late afternoons and evenings to see some of the sights of Madrid.  This is the famous bull fighting arena.  Unfortunately there were no fights while we were there.


 We took some of the youth out for some sight seeing.  This was their first time on a subway.  These kids from a tiny little island in the Atlantic had lots of firsts.  First time on an subway, first time on an escalator, first time outside of the island or Portugal.



 Parque Del Retiro

 We couldn't leave without seeing the Real Madrid Stadium. 




 We ate some good old American food.  The Spanish food was great but it was nice to be somewhere "familiar" and to eat "familiar food!"
We feel so blessed to see another country and spend time with our amazing Portuguese friends and go to the temple.  The week was refreshing and uplifting.  We can't wait for next year!

4 comments:

Patten Family said...

Hi Cindy!

I am so happy to see that your cute family is having such an awesome time over there. I really wish we could come and visit you, but I fear if we do that we wouldn't want to leave!

All of the trips you've gone on look awesome. I've always wanted to go to Greece and I cannot imagine how spiritual it is to attend the temple in another country.

You guys are such great people for taking the youth as well. Truly a blessing you are in their lives.

Hope to see more of your exciting life as it goes by on our stay in Portugal. I just had a friend visit me last night who's also an AF Family. Unfortunately, unlike your awesome location, they got sent to Nashville. Lol.

The Roderick Family said...

Did you buy new boob is Madrid too? They looks massive!

Cindy said...

Ha! Kate, I didn't buy any....didn't see any for sale. It must be the lighting, but they do look good! I like to blame it on my Lajes-7lbs. Maybe some of it went there!

Anonymous said...

Come On Join With Us Now !!! permainan ayam WA : +6281377055002 | BBM : D1A1E6DF | BOLAVITA