Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dinner Out

Curtis and I went out to a nice Portuguese restaurant with another couple. We decided to bring the camera along and showcase some of the fabulous Portuguese dishes. I know that water doesn't count, but it was what we drank.

some sausages and cheese
some delicious bread with a not so great goat cheese(Curtis said it was kept in an old shoe) and a yummy jelly
a local sausage(which kind of had a meatloaf texture) and olives....they are soooo good
some local mussels, Curtis tried this, I am too wimpy
vegetable soup
salad with oil and vinegar
my dish was a filet mignon with a prune sauce--it was buttery and rich, Curtis had grilled osterich, I am not sure why he didn't take a picture, maybe he was ready to start eating!
Curtis got some made up dessert, he picked two from the menu and halved them
my dessert was a berry tart. We are enjoying this opportunity to try new foods while here on the island.

3 comments:

JRome said...

Looks delicious!

Amanda said...

Looks yummy! I loved the soups there. My family doesn't appreciate my attempts at reproducing them.

The LeNeave's said...

Where did you go? Because that tart looks yummy!