Sunday, June 19, 2011

Midnight Sun Run

Last night was the Midnight Sun Run in Fairbanks. The race began at 10 pm. It is a big deal here, and I am glad that we had the chance to participate before we left. The run is a 10k. There is a costume contest which is largely participated in. We wish we had dressed up too.


Captain America. He had some red leather boots that he had to run in. It looked like it was miserable.


Where's Waldo?


Some kind of scary superheros.


My favorite--Packman and a Ghost.


Watch out for these guys. They were entertaining.


What a cute couple.


The boys loved the Storm troopers. They looked uncomfortable during the race too.


Yes, that is Jake riding in the stroller!!#1 dad around!

When we finally got home around 1 a.m. it was still very much light out. The sun had gone down below view but it was still very light out. I love summer here. I will miss the midnight sun!

2 comments:

Tina said...

How fun! The super heros in underoos are my favorite. Too bad you won't be there next year to dress up as a family. My kids tell me all the time how much they miss your boys.

Cheri said...

My favorite is definitely the costumes for that race. I think Pacman and the Ghost is my favorite. Waldo is pretty good too. I love the whole community hanging out together at midnight!