Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Quick Trip to Wisconsin

We have been planning on coming down to the Lower 48 while Curtis was gone. I happened to call the Elmendorf Terminal (located in Anchorage) last Friday morning. On their recording it said that there was a flight directly to General Mitchell, Wisconsin. WoW! It couldn't have been more perfect. I wouldn't have to buy 5 tickets to get where I needed to go.
So we packed our bag in a few hours and hit the road down to Anchorage (about 6 hours south.) We got a hotel room and had to be at the terminal at 6 to sign up for the flight. Of course, I could hardly sleep because I was so worried that we wouldn't get on the flight.
We were the first ones on thanks to Curtis' deployed status. So we made the 6 hour flight right to Milwaukee on a KC 135. It was a fun experience. And it was FREE!!Since we have been home it has been mostly playing outside. The trampoline is always a hit, especially since ours has still not been set up because of the new grass that hopefully grows while I am gone.
Boys and their tricks!Caleb and his Indiana Jones swing.
And there is nothing like playing with your cousins!

2 comments:

Nick + Liz said...

That is GREAT... Congratulations on your free trip!

Gina said...

Yay! I'm glad you got to go home...and for FREE.