Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stranded Again

Curtis' flight finally left for Oman on Saturday. They stopped in Spain and then on to Italy. While landing in Sicily, Italy, a part on the airplane broke. They stayed there for 2 days while the plane was being fixed. They got a nice hotel on the beach while they waited. (I wish that I got stranded on the beach in Sicily!) They flew on to Oman on Monday. They are building the base so he doesn't know when he will be able call or email. I will let you know when I hear from him.

6 comments:

East Coast Jenny said...

That's one heck of a lay over.

Hillary said...

That's awesome! What a great place to be stranded! Glad he got there safe.

JRome said...

Curtis, you're off vacationing again while Cindy's at home with the kids?

The plane had to be 'fixed' for two days in Sicily?

Reminds me when I had to approve an emergency TDY right by a tropical island for some of our team. Too bad I wasn't part of that group that got stuck...Oh how I miss active duty:)

Hmmm. Cindy, it's about time you take your well deserved turn for a much needed vacation:)

When Curtis gets back, you should leave him with the kids for at least for the weekend (but a week or two wouldn't be bad) while you spend some alone time or go with your girlfriends to go somewhere...

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Curtis for what you do and especially Cindy and kids, thank you for all that you do to support him!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...

Wow, that is definitely no fair! I wish I had bad luck like that (to get stuck in Italy for two days, not to be home with the kids while spouse is off having fun). Can't wait to see you in a few weeks :)

Cheri said...

Beautiful photo! Gee, what a bummer for Curtis. :)