Friday, January 29, 2010

Oh...Coconut Cake


Curtis' birthday was last week. He requested a coconut cake like he always does. This year he wanted the "Ultimate Coconut Cake". We saw it on a Bobby Flay Throwdown show.
To order the cake it cost $100 plus $113 shipping. Obviously that wasn't going to happen. So I decided to make it. It was 6 cake layers and weighed over 10 pounds. It had over 2 1/2 pounds of butter, 6 cups of cream, and 11 cups of coconut. You could only eat a sliver at a time.
But it truly is the ultimate coconut cake. Everyone that we shared it with (cause you would NEVER be able to eat it on your own) loved it. It truly is amazing. And by the way, Happy Birthday, Curtis!!

5 comments:

Emmy said...

WOW! Fantastic! Did you follow his recipe, double it? That looks so good!!

Jerry and Maaret said...

MMMMMM... I know what I'm having Maaret make for me this year... Jerry

Kari said...

This is such a tease! You can't just post the pics and a few details and NOT share the recipie! This cake seriously looks so good. You must have taken a cake decorating class or something...:). So, this is what you are bringing to our "no more hgc is left in me" night, right? I can't wait to try it!
Happy Birthday Curtis.

Gina said...

OH MY GOSH! 6 cups of cream?!! 11 cups of coconut?!! Insane!! Someone has to really like coconut! Looks like you did a great job, Cindy. Congratulations! And, by the way, happy birthday, Curt Dog! :)

Jessica B Photography said...

Oh my. With that much butter and cream, it must be good! I'm glad my memory is not so failing yet - Happy Birthday Curtis!!!