Monday, June 22, 2009

Longest Day of the Year

Like we did with the shortest day of the year, we wanted to show you all the amount of sunlight throughout the day(or in this case, night). It is a dream come true for those of us who could stay up all night, but hard on those who need darkness(Caleb!) Curtis and I have no trouble sleeping through the endless light, but we have learned that we have to "tell" ourselves and our bodies that it is bed time. 12 am 1 am 2 am 3 am

5 am(sorry I slept through my 4 am alarm!)

The night was cloudy and made some of the pictures darker than what it really was. It is light enough in the house that it is unnecessary to have any lights on at all.

We have really been enjoying this unique experience. The Midnight Sun is another amazing adventure during our time here in Alaska!

6 comments:

Emmy said...

WOW! That is amazing!

Nick + Liz said...

I have been looking forward to your pictures of the longest day(light) of the year. Thank you for getting up all night to take the pictures.

Amanda said...

Lucy keeps telling me its not bed time because the sun is out. She would have a tough time up there.

At least the weather is warm enought to play in and wear your little ones out.

Jenny said...

How dare you sleep through your 4 am alarm, geesh! It's amazing that you got up each hour to take a picture, more than I would do.

Cheri said...

I wish I had done this post! Awesome!

Jessica B Photography said...

Wow! and I thought I had it rough because it's so bright here at 8:00pm!!!

Congratulations on your new tramp!